Click on a tab below to open details about each event.
Friday, August 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Harold J. Royer Bandshell at the Wild Bill Hickok Rodeo grounds in Abilene, Kansas
WBHR belt buckles, as well as other rodeo-related items will be auctioned. Details will be posted here as soon as they become available.
When is Mutton Bustin’?:
All four nights at the rodeo! Wednesday – Saturday ….. August 2-5, 2017!
- Ages 4 and over.
- Maximum weight 60 lbs.
- Entry fee of $25 ( non-refundable )
- Limited to 12 per night.
- Choice of night until full.
- One entry per child per year.
- No phone entries will be accepted.
How To Register:
- REGISTRATION INFO WILL BE POSTED HERE WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Event Guidelines for Contestants and Parents:
- Check in at 7:00 pm at the southeast corner of the arena.
- Official weigh-in is night of performance (Maximum weight 60 lbs.).
- No parents in arena.
- Contestants enter rodeo free with Back Tag on, participating night only.
- Parental release must be signed at check-in.
Thursday, August 4th, 2016 – Starts at 4 pm
Beginning at N. 7th & Buckeye in downtown Abilene, Kansas
Proceeding S. to 3rd & Buckeye
Then W. to 3rd & Washington
Commercial, Non-Commercial, Youth Floats, (4-H/FFA to Youth), Horses, Clowns, Bands, Farm Machinery, Elected Officials and Candy for the kids!
2016 Parade Theme: “Trails, Rails and Tales”
2016 Parade Committee: Baillee Flora & Morgan Rutter
2016 Parade Marshal: Joe Minick
Need More Info?
For information on parade entries, floats and rules, theme, Parade Marshal, Parade Sponsor, etc., please contact the Central Kansas Free Fair Office
Spikes & Spurs Golf Tournament will be posted here when it becomes available.